LEDs Magazine has announced the panel of industry judges who will evaluate the recently launched BrightStar Awards program for 2022. The program aims to recognize the innovations in enabling technologies and finished solid-state lighting products that have advanced commercial applications in the past year (eligible products released commercially from April 1, 2021 to March 11, 2022).
As with past LEDs Magazine awards programs, the judges represent a breadth of experience in the LED and SSL supply and design chain, from lighting specification and design to research, media, consultancy, manufacturing, third-party services, and applications-oriented lighting development firms. Product entry categories include LED Light Sources; LED & SSL Components, Design Tools, and Materials; Connected SSL, Software, & Controls; Indoor SSL; Outdoor SSL; Circadian Lighting Technologies; Horticultural SSL & Controls Systems; LED-based Disinfection Technologies; and Specialty SSL & System Technologies.
The 2022 LEDs Magazine BrightStar Awards panel includes:
- Wanda Lau, editorial director, LEDs Magazine and Smart Buildings Technology
- Carrie Meadows, managing editor, LEDs Magazine
- James Benya, principal, Benya Burnett Consultancy
- Carl Bloomfield, vice president commercial infrastructure and industry regulations, Intertek
- Chris Brown, founder and chair, Ultra Yield Solutions / CEO, NEXTGEN Lighting
- Kandice Cohen, director, electrification of heat (formerly lighting strategy), Trane Technologies
- Basar Erdener, director of marketing and product management, LED Linear
- Monica Hansen, principal engineer, LED Lighting Advisors
- Michael Kershner, founder/president of sales and marketing, ILC Studios
- Brad Koerner, innovation and product development, LUXTECH LED Modules / consultant, Koerner Design
- Clifton Stanley Lemon, program director, LightSPEC Conferences / CEO, Clifton Lemon Associates
- Axel Pearson, project manager, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Leora Radetsky, senior lighting scientist, DesignLights Consortium
- Willem Sillevis-Smitt, senior director, strategic marketing, Lumileds
- Philip Smallwood, market growth strategist, Fluence by Osram
- Aaron Smith, vice president of technology and R&D, Finelite
- Erik Swenson, vice president, Nichia America Corporation
“I look forward to working with these esteemed members of the LED and SSL community in evaluating the BrightStar Awards,” Lau said. “Their varied expertise will enable them to review each product thoroughly.”
The BrightStar Awards program will publicly announce products that receive scores of 3.5 to 5 stars in June. Recognized companies will receive a trophy and will be featured in upcoming LEDs Magazine issue and online coverage. The Early Bird deadline for submissions is April 15, and submissions will close at the regular entry rate at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on April 22. Visit the BrightStar Awards website to enter.